Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Second marriages are a beautiful way to celebrate love, commitment, and the journey of life. When it comes to wedding invitations for second marriages, there are a few key things to keep in mind. This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know about second marriage wedding invitations, from etiquette and wording to design and mailing.
Timing is essential when it comes to sending out your wedding invitations. Generally, it’s best to send out your invites between 6-8 weeks before your big day. This gives your guests ample time to make arrangements and RSVP.
Second marriage guest lists can be a bit tricky since you may have already celebrated with some of the same friends and family members at your previous wedding. Consider the following guidelines when creating your guest list:
- Focus on close friends and family members who have been supportive of your relationship.
- Be mindful of any sensitive situations that could arise from inviting guests from past relationships.
- Make sure both partners are comfortable with the guest list.
If children are involved in the new union, consider including them in the invitation as well. This can help create a sense of unity and show that this marriage is a blending of families.
When it comes to wording for second marriage wedding invitations, there are several options available depending on your preferences and personal style:
Traditional wording is appropriate for any wedding, regardless of whether it’s a first or second marriage. Here’s an example:
Mr. John Smith and Ms. Jane Doe Request the honor of your presence at their marriage Saturday, the twenty-first of June two thousand twenty-two at five o'clock in the evening Venue Name Address City, State
For a more casual and intimate affair, consider using less formal language. Here’s an example:
Please join us as we celebrate the beginning of our new life together! John Smith and Jane Doe Invite you to share in their joy on Saturday, June 21st, 2022At 5:00 PM Venue Name Address City, State
If you’d like to include your children in the invitation, you can do so with the following wording:
Together with their children, John Smith and Jane Doe request the pleasure of your company as they exchange vows and unite their families on Saturday, the twenty-first of June Two thousand twenty-two at five o'clock in the evening. Venue Name Address City, State
The design of your wedding invitations sets the tone for your entire event. When choosing a design for your second marriage wedding invitations, keep these tips in mind:
- Opt for a more sophisticated and classic design to reflect the maturity of your relationship.
- Consider incorporating elements that represent both partners’ personalities and tastes.
- Choose colors that complement your wedding theme.
Read more: Thermography Wedding Invitations
RSVPs and Enclosures
In addition to your main invitation, you may need to include additional cards or enclosures with important information for your guests. These can include:
- RSVP Card: This card allows guests to respond with their attendance and meal preferences. Be sure to include a pre-stamped envelope for easy return.
- Accommodations Card: If you have arranged for hotel blocks or have recommendations for lodging near your venue, include this information on a separate card.
- Directions Card: Providing clear directions to your venue can be helpful for out-of-town guests who may not be familiar with the area.
Mailing Your Invitations
Once you have your invitations ready, it’s time to mail them out to your guests. Follow these steps for a seamless mailing process:
- Double-check your guest list and addresses for accuracy.
- Use appropriate postage – consider using custom stamps that coordinate with your wedding theme.
- Handwrite or use calligraphy for addressing your envelopes – this adds a personal touch and shows your guests that you’re excited for them to attend.
In conclusion, second marriage wedding invitations may require some extra thought and care, but by following the guidelines outlined in this guide, you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect invitation for your special day. Remember, the most important thing is to celebrate the love between you and your partner as you embark on this new chapter together.
- Thermography Wedding Invitations
- Clear Address Labels for Wedding Invitations
- Newspaper Wedding Invitations
- Lord of the Rings Wedding Invitations
- Companies That Respond to Wedding Invitations